When it came time to leave, my friend went back home, and I flew out to Colorado to visit someone I know who lives on the outskirts of Denver in a town called Arvada. I spent my time there walking around the town, learning its history and visiting the sights it had to offer. I got to downtown Denver, saw the capitol building, and walked around a bit. It seems like a pretty neat city! On the weekend, it was down to Seven Falls, a man-made waterfall just outside of Colorado Springs. It’s tucked into the mountains and the area is really beautiful. After that, we headed west of Arvada to Black Hawk, a small town that has numerous casinos. We had dinner, hung out, and played a few machines before heading back. The next day, we drove west again to Golden, which besides being a really cute town, also houses the Coors Brewery. It’s a fun, self-guided tour, and at the end, you get to try three of their different brews! Pretty good deal to me! After that, it was time to head home, and though my whole initial reason for going to Colorado was pretty much lost on me by the time I left (some of you will understand this reference), Colorado herself did not disappoint. The weather was cold and crisp, the mountains tall and regal, the scenery in general just really beautiful. And I met some new friends, which is always a plus. It is definitely a place I would visit again, just under different circumstances. I would love to go back and explore other regions of the state, so hopefully one day I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment